May 17, 2011

Eurovision Infographic

If you're a fan of the Eurovision Song Contest like me (and if not, push off and go listen to the Top 40), and if you'd like to know which countries have ever participated, their best result, and even where they are located (a bit difficult for the lesser-known ones), then this map is for you.

The figures are accurate for the 56th ESC, held in Dusseldorf, Germany last week. Which country has competed most often? Which country only entered once, came 18th and never competed again? Which country won in the first year of its existence (technically)? Why are Israel and Azerbaijan allowed in when they're in Asia, not Europe? (You should already know that by now.) The info's all here.
 
 
As far as infographics go, this is my first attempt to do one and I wasn't 100% satisfied with it, so if you can think of a way to improve it, let me know. (Don't suggest arranging the text boxes in some kind of pattern; I already tried it and it obscures the map.)

4 comments:

  1. Sweet job Pete. Came out awesome. I like how you've set it up too with the key at the top left and each country following that layout.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Chris - thanks! I think I'll crop it in slightly on the left there, but apart from that, it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Latvia should have won Eurovision 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit Latvia weren't up there with my favourites, Billy. But truth to tell, I don't remember anything after Evelina SaĊĦenko from Lithuania. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete