August 3, 2011

Scenes From Hong Kong II

Round two of my Hong Kong photos series. Enjoy!


I read somewhere recently that bored people just trawl the internet from money shot to money shot. Well, let me save you the trouble with this night scene of the harbour. The future is now and we are here. And we're not leaving.


Store front of a T-shirt shop. Note the girl who works there looking straight at me. This was one of the more pricey places.


A life-size Game Of Life board in a shopping centre. If only the spinner was real, that would have been boss.


The waterfront statue of a childhood hero of mine, Mr. Bruce Lee. As he is buried in Seattle, this is the closest to a memorial in Hong Kong. I didn't realize it at the time but the date I chose to go see the statue was July 20, his death anniversary.


In the same area, the Avenue Of Stars, the greats of HK cinema have these plaques, sometimes with their handprints, and this is Bruce Lee's star. 'Little Dragon' is his given name in Chinese characters.


"Anna Ng and I are getting old and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence..." Sorry, only They Might Be Giants fans will appreciate this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment