October 31, 2011

Off To America!

On Saturday morning, November 5, I will be leaving for the United States. And possibly Canada. I know what those of you with sharp memories who follow this blog are thinking – what's this guy playing at? When 2011 began he was in Sydney, in April he was on the Gold Coast, in July he was in Hong Kong and now he's going to the USA! Is he made of money or what?

Don't think I'm some cashed-up jetsetter, reader. Far from it. But the opportunity came up to go to the USA for 11 weeks. Would you turn it down? Didn't think so. In fact, by the time 2011 is over I'll have spent 88 of its days outside of Melbourne, which isn't bad going at all. 2011 has been a great year, even though my creative output has decreased a fair bit.

Ah well, can't complain. I'll still be able to post things here, so don't ditch this blog for 11 weeks. Really. There'll still be stuff to look at. I promise. And there will be plenty to read as well, as once again I experience the heady thrill of encountering a new country for the first time! Join me as I report from the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment