January 1, 2012

New Year At The Space Needle

I spent the New Year watching the fireworks at the Space Needle in Seattle. It was a great show, and the fact that Saturday (12/31) and Sunday (1/1) were probably the sunniest days since I've been here was an added bonus. When I saw the festivities in Times Square in New York on Sunday evening, I was glad I stayed in Seattle. I mean, Times Square looks great on TV, but there are no fireworks and it's all over so soon. Seattle, meanwhile, really turned it on and lit up the purplish night sky. Afterwards I jumped in the International Fountain with a couple of others and touched the central dome.

Speaking of New York, I'll be arriving there on the morning of January 5, on a red-eye flight. I've been thinking of using the Airbury characters in a 4-panel strip format, which will run semi-regularly on this blog. If you regularly drop in here, you will probably already be familiar with the characters (I've been drawing them since late 2006 now) so I won't need to bother with any exposition or character introductions in the first few strips. Straight in, bang. Let me know what you think.

Also, I need to come up with a title for the strip. So far Airbury Academy Minis and Airbury Academy: 1001 Nights are the only ones that come to mind, so if anyone can think of something better, let me know. As I was looking around Barnes & Noble in Seattle on New Year's Day, my original idea was to do one every day for the whole of 2012! Needless to say, this idea was swiftly canned by the time I got home.

So that forthcoming strip, my America sketches, and a bunch of themed photography posts are what's coming up on this blog. I look forward to your company in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment