April 3, 2012

Sketches From America I: Kurt Cobain

I've finally got around to scanning some pages from the sketchbook I took on my American trip. In this first post of sketches, the drawings all relate to Kurt Cobain, seeing as it's the 18th anniversary of his death. I don't draw buildings much, but I had seen these locations in several magazines and books before I got to see them for real.

In November 2011 I visited three places where he lived, so the drawings below are: Kurt's childhood home in Aberdeen, Washington; under the Young Street Bridge where he hung out and perhaps spent some nights; and his final residence in the Seattle area of Bellevue. It was an amazing experience to visit these places! The next post of sketchy sketches, which I sketched in my sketchbook, will follow hopefully before too long.





No comments:

Post a Comment