March 6, 2020

Adventures in Polymer Clay: Sugar

Do you remember my character Sugar from Airbury Academy, you know, the girl with the pink hair? Well you should – she's right up there in the banner heading of this blog. I used some coloured polymer clay to make a little figurine of her. She looks a bit pudgy, but it's not bad for someone who is totally inept at sculpture. i.e. me.

See the resemblance? Uncanny, ain't it?

Working with polymer clay is quite easy to do. It doesn't make a mess, you can blend the colours easily, you don't have to hurry in case it goes hard, and if you know what you're doing (which I don't) you can put together each differently-coloured part into a cohesive whole. Then you put it in the oven and bake it.

I still have some clay left so I dare say there will be more of this sort of thing appearing here in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment