December 31, 2023

So, what did I draw in 2023?

I'm back! I'm sure you expected more than three measly blog posts from me in 2023. What can I say, drawing, colouring and printing a 128-page colour graphic novel took up a good chunk of my time. Here's what the front cover looks like:

And in this artistic yearly wrap-up, here are some of my other drawings from 2023, in chronological order. 

 

Violet, a character from my 2020 graphic novel The Snarley, riding a bike in a rural setting. Exercise in drawing characters not seen in their usual environments.

A frog craftsman in his workshop.

Mona Lisa, an Indian film actress. She appears in my unreleased graphic novel Limelight from 2021.

Wonka in Picasso style.

A Roman emperor with a metal detector.

Steam locomotive.

Feather, a character who appeared in Airbury Academy and Limelight, among other things.

Fremantle sheds.

Watercolour drawing of a frog. That's a bowl of nachos in his hand, if you can't tell.

Watercolour tanuki, inspired by Studio Ghibli's Heisei Tanuki Gassen Ponpoko. This is, of course, the 'Reiwa' version.

Tintin and Juliet Prime investigate the 'poison of madness'. This year was 40 years since the death of Hergé.

Spike and Violet in a Norman Rockwell parody.

Juliet and friends going carolling. I was going to write some lyrics above Seymour's head, but I couldn't be bothered. Now, get lost!


No comments:

Post a Comment