October 23, 2010

RAQ (Randomly Asked Questions), Part 1

Five questions I have recently been asked:

How much of what we see in your comics is based on your real-life experiences?
All of it. I really have crashed a spaceship into the planet Earth from space.

With Spike's age, in some places it's 22, in other places it's 27.
How old is he?
27. At first he was 22, but when I began to approach that age myself, it didn't seem that 'old' anymore. My sister told me to increase it to 27.

Why does the number 61 keep coming up?
61 is my lucky number and I put it into every one of my comics and some other artwork as well. Try and find them! In the fineliner sketch of Flinders Street Station on my deviantART page, I put a 61 on the dome where a tiny circular window should be.

Did you know the band China 5 have a song called "Theme From Juliet Prime"?
Yeah, it's no big deal. Notice how they don't actually say Juliet's name in the lyrics so they can't be sued for copyright infringement.

How did you learn to draw like that?
Like what?

2 comments:

  1. In depth Pete! I REALLY KNOW YOU NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is Enough Rope-level stuff, Chris. This is the real deal. (I should mention that although I was actually asked all these questions, they were asked by five separate people.)

    ReplyDelete