October 31, 2010

Polaroid Camera

A couple of people wanna see it, so here goes.

When I started using my first Lomography camera on my 31st birthday, I began to enjoy the reputation as that guy who carries around a weird-looking analogue camera.

Actually, it wasn't all that recent. I first had that reputation much earlier than that. 25 years earlier, to be exact. I received a Polaroid camera for my 6th birthday. I used to carry it around taking photos of any old rubbish until all the film was used up.

I was disappointed, as I'm sure you were, when Polaroid went bankrupt two years ago and ceased production of SX-70 film. Hopefully Polaroid revivalists The Impossible Project will toss a few of their stocks down to Van Diemen's Land, and the little grey box below will rise again. Retro? Don't insult my intelligence. Let us now. In return we offer a little incentive.

Pete's Polaroid Land Camera, manufactured 1983 (final year)

No comments:

Post a Comment