December 13, 2011

Geeks In Space #37

In this strip, I kind of centre on the term 'LOL' (which I used to hate, by the way, but now it doesn't really bother me), but I had to squeeze in that reference to 'unfunny Chuck Norris crap', which does bother me. Here in Seattle, in several cool comic book & collectible shops, I've found all manner of unfunny Chuck Norris crap. What's going on? Seriously, the people who put that together should just go marry the dude or something. Then we can get to the merchandise that really matters: Pickle Fingers! I don't know what they're for, but they rule, and you shall deal with it.

On an unrelated topic: in his book Planet Simpson (2005), Chris Turner writes that when he visited an American supermarket he found seven types of frozen broccoli. Coming from Canada, he was used to seeing one or two brands, but seeing seven really surprised him. Well, I can do better than that Chris...I found ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment