December 31, 2011

Geeks In Space #39

2011! What a great year it's been. I drew hardly any comics at all, but I made trips to Sydney, the Gold Coast, Hong Kong, Macau, the United States of America, and Canada. I visited Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix's graves and Kurt Cobain's final home. I finally got to see my musical idols They Might Be Giants live. I met one of my heroes, Weird Al Yankovic (for the second time) and German sex symbol Astrid Rot from Die Roten Punkte. That, my friends, is all kinds of awesome. So, who cares about sitting around drawing cartoons? Stuff that!

I'm just kidding. I plan to get back into cartooning next year. The long-delayed Volume IV of Airbury Academy should finally begin production. Seriously, someone get on my back if that thing doesn't materialize. And of course, there will be more of this sort of tomfoolery:

On a worldwide scale, 2011 was a memorable and turbulent year. Occupy Wall Street spread worldwide. Death of Steve Jobs. Nevermind turned 20. Bin Laden, Gaddafi and Kim Jong Il dead. Magnitude 9.1 earthquake in Japan. Final U.S. space shuttle launched. World population reached 7 billion.

Anyway, have a great New Year. I hope your 2011 was as good as mine. Maybe it was better, because you all have social lives, and I don't. But if I did, then there would be nothing here for you to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment