June 24, 2010

World Cup 16 Series

Been watching the World Cup? I have, that's why the posts for June have been sparse. But fear not – I have just been set a challenge. There are 16 days from the day Group H finishes and officially decides the Top 16, to the day of the final (July 12 my time). My challenge is to draw 16 of my characters, one per day, each dressed in the kits of one of the Top 16 countries. Would you like to see that? Of course you would.

With any luck, and some judgement on my part, the last of the 16 drawings to go up will be the team that ends up winning the final. And if that happens, you owe me a doughnut.

Disclaimer: If by any chance Italy make the Top 16, their corresponding picture in my list will be skipped.

Well, see you when the Group matches wrap up. In the meantime have a look at some stylish World Cup shop signage. I took this photo in KLCC Mall, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in December 2009 when the official jerseys went on sale.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it Pete. Nice photo too. I like how it's been put together.

    But yeah, forget Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I really liked these signs too (a shame the 'stories' on each one are too small to read).
    Even in Malaysian money those shirts were expensive!

    ReplyDelete