August 24, 2010

Chalkface

Here's a couple of panels from Chalkface, the 16th chapter in the Airbury Academy series. The story is a series of flashbacks from a teacher's point of view, but it did give me the chance to include some real-life snippets from when I was studying graphic design. The last part takes place in a life drawing class:
The "model" that they're drawing isn't nude at all, so no need to worry. The above lines were overheard pretty regularly in my life drawing classes; I think I said it to the teacher at some point as well.
Erica's line in the above panel is taken directly from something a friend in design class once said to a teacher. I was sitting next to her when she said it, and she said it with such enthusiasm that I was laughing for quite a while. It still makes me laugh, so I just had to put it in.
It's actually funnier here because Erica's life-drawing is so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Haha nice work Pete. Can't pick who said what though. Going to spill the beans? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, this is to the best of my recollection.

    "Why aren't you drawing?" was said by Michele to me, because I once waited 10 minutes into a 20 minute pose before starting.

    "It looks stupid from this angle" was said by Leanne, Jason, me and you. I don't know if you said 'stupid' though. ;) That line was an easy way to get out of drawing difficult poses.

    "It's all needed, it's gonna be great" was said by Hayley in my Cert. 4 class (you took a photo of her and I at the exhibition - great shot by the way).

    ReplyDelete