May 7, 2010

Screen Worlds (Part Deux)

More images from my visit to Screen Worlds. Be awed. Awed, I tell you!

A Commodore 64 computer (1982), with joystick, game on cassette, and tape loader. It could also run software on ROM carts. I'll see anyone outside who doesn't think this is awesome!


A blurry screenshot of Tempest (1981), with simple circular-scroll and fire controls. I hadn't played it originally, but there was some ownage here. The concept is very simplistic but a bunch of dumb kids with skateboards who had a go couldn't figure it out.


The IBM PC version of Tetris (1984). Regularly mentioned as one of the best video games of all time and voted in some online poll as the greatest thing to come out of Russia.


Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (2005). Haven't they milked enough money out of this franchise? Amazing graphics and brilliant concept, though.


This is what you see when you complete Sonic The Hedgehog (1991) – goes without saying I've seen it hundreds of times. On my birthday in 2005, I drew a small crowd of kids playing it on the big screen at the ACMI. In 2008 I had the pleasure of owning some dork at it at ACMI's Game On. Back at ACMI in 2010 and the shine hasn't gone off this classic one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment