May 10, 2010

Where's K?

Back when I was a mere newbie at university, I saw a hand-drawn message on the notice board by a guy named "K" who wanted to start a Comics Club. I met up with him, and he was this Asian guy about 5 years older than me who drew all these cool gory comics. He wouldn't tell me his name though – he only wanted me to call him "K". I showed him some of the comics I was doing at the time, and he said "This stuff is pretty wacky."

A while later – I can't recall how much later – he put another hand-drawn message on the notice board for me, asking me where my finished comic was:

It looked pretty cool, as you can see.

I did phone him up (his brother was blasting Nirvana's In Utero album that evening so I knew he had good taste in music), but for some reason I never got to meet with K again, and there went my dream of being in an actual comics club.

Now, trying to track down a guy whose name is impossible to do an online search for, after a gazillion years have gone by, is pretty much impossible, you would think. And you'd be right. But I'm going to try it anyway.

To the Perth cartoonist known as "K" who attended Edith Cowan University in 1996 – if you read this, get in touch! Pronto!

2 comments: