May 5, 2010

Screen Worlds

Before I begin, I'd like to point out that it's now ten years since the events in the 'drug house scene' in Constantinople (see May 1 post) took place! Anyway, the renovations at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image are finally done and my friend Yoji and I went to see the permanent exhibition Screen Worlds, which charts the rise of moving images through history. Here are a few still images of said moving images.

A beautifully-rendered world of possibility.


Pong vs. Tennis – a floorscreen.


The light at the end of the tunnel.

Visitors are asked to predict the future of our digital world, which is difficult, but I managed it (see below). My prediction may seem fatuous and flippant to you, but then the fact that I have a blog earns me the right to be as fatuous and flippant as I like, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment